I’m Katelyn, the registered dietitian nutritionist behind this site. I started Nutrition Served Simply to help make sense of conflicting nutrition information by sharing a balanced, intuitive and practical approach to food and nutrition. Rather than contributing to our culture of dieting, food rules, and body shame, my mission is to help others uncover the healthiest and happiest version of themself by working with their body, not against it.
- I believe nutrition is about choosing healthy, wholesome, and truly satisfying foods that nourish the mind, body, and soul
- I believe a healthy relationship with food is about enjoying a variety of foods, being flexible with eating, and allowing hunger and fullness to guide food choices
- I believe health is much more than a number on the scale— it’s about tuning into your intuitive ability to eat and move in a way that works for you
- I believe my role as a dietitian is to use my knowledge of nutrition science and physiology to help others gain insight into their eating habits and make food choices in line with their overall health and wellbeing
What You’ll Find Here
- Nutrition Counseling: I offer one-on-one nutrition counseling, meeting clients where they are with an individualized, compassionate, judgment-free approach
- Food & Recipes: Simple ways to make healthy eating tasty and stress-free (Tasty Tips), recipes organized by cooking method or types of foods (Recipe Roundup), and personal stories about how I try (and sometimes fail at) balancing food and nutrition in my personal life (Slices of Life)
- Nutrition: An overview of basic nutrition topics (Nutrition 101), a deeper look at how nutrition can fit into a healthy, happy lifestyle (Nutrition Real Talk), and answers to your food and nutrition questions (Q & A)
To learn more about the inspiration behind Nutrition Served Simply, you can read my personal story here.
Disclaimer: The information presented on this site is my own personal and professional opinions about food, nutrition, health, and wellness. The information is not intended for diagnosis or medical treatment. Any personal health-related questions should be directed to your medical doctor or dietitian.