I’m Katelyn, the registered dietitian nutritionist behind this site. I started Nutrition Served Simply to help make sense of conflicting nutrition information by sharing a balanced, intuitive and practical approach to nutrition. Rather than contributing to our culture of dieting, food rules, and body shame, my mission is to help others uncover the healthiest and happiest version of themselves by working with their body, not against it.
- I believe nutrition is about choosing healthy, wholesome, and truly satisfying foods that nourish your mind, body, and soul
- I believe a healthy relationship with food is about enjoying a variety of foods, being flexible with eating, and allowing hunger and fullness to guide food choices
- I believe health is much more than a number on the scale— it’s about tuning into your intuitive ability to eat and move in a way that feels good
- I believe my role as a dietitian is to use my knowledge of nutrition science and physiology to help others gain insight into their eating habits and feel empowered to make food choices in line with overall their health and wellbeing
What You’ll Find Here
- Nutrition Counseling: I offer one-on-one nutrition counseling, meeting clients where they are with an individualized, judgment-free, compassionate approach
- Food & Recipes: Simple ways to make healthy eating tasty and stress-free (Tasty Tips), recipe collections organized by cooking method or types of foods (Recipe Roundup), and personal stories about how I try (and sometimes fail at) balancing food and nutrition with my love for fitness, travel, family and friends (Slices of Life)
- Nutrition: An overview of basic nutrition topics (Nutrition 101), a deeper look at how nutrition fits into a healthy, happy lifestyle (Nutrition Real Talk), and answers to your food and nutrition questions (Q & A)
To learn more about what inspired me to share my love for food, nutrition, and a healthy lifestyle, you can read my personal story here.
Disclaimer: The information presented on this site is my own personal and professional opinions about food, nutrition, health, and wellness. The information is not intended for diagnosis or medical treatment. Any personal health-related questions should be directed to your medical doctor or dietitian.